Friday, May 21, 2010

Menggelegaknye hati dengan bank!!!!!

Argghh argggh dan arghhhh hanya tu je yang aku mampu jeritkan semalam bila satu surat sampai ke rumah. A letter from Citibank, saying that my interest rate for term loan has been revised to 8.30%. A term loan account which I had known to be closed, and fully settled. So kalau dapat surat maknanya ada 2 kemungkinan: i) My account is still active with balance or ii) They are just simply slow in updating their customer database. Let's find out shall we???

But but but... tak semudah itu. Semalam dari pagi aku call diorang punye line - the Term Loan Department line 03-2382 4500. Punye lah bersusah payah, Citibank kan bukan local bank, patutnye customer service dia lebih hebat dari local bank yang wujud kat Malaysia ni. Bank local kita dah tau, dah tentunye service diorang sucks.

Dah bengang try, aku email pulak untuk dapatkan someone to call me segera. Finally around 2 something pm, I tried again and this time somebody picked up. Of course, you guessed it right. I was not handled immediately because 'the person in charge is engaged on the phone or busy', which is the normal excuse you will hear from Citibank or any other bank. And of course, you guessed again, they promised to call back, even though after I yelled "I have had it with your promises that someone will call me back, because trust me, you won't." Trust me, they didn't, so aku lah kena susah payah kan diri habiskan bil telefon call Citibank. Lepas tu baru dapat cakap, dengan, luckily a very nice officer.

Nak dijadikan cerita, bila aku tanya status aku, rupanya ada some RM33.00 odd outstanding dari account aku. Korang bayangkan ek, aku buat full settlement of RM2090 bulan February lepas. Konon nye, akaun akau Citibank dah tutup. Janji nak hantar surat, tapi sampai ni tak dapat surat. Aku busy okeh, mana la nak ingat nak follow up, sampai surat tu datang kat rumah???? Negotiation tak berjaya untuk aku taknak bayar, so the guy said OK you bayar RM29 dan kita akan close your account.

What the fuck Citibank Malaysia???? So now aku kena bayar RM29 untuk kesalahan staff korang? Yang cuai? Yang salah bagi aku information masa nak tutup akaun aku? Tu salah korang dan aku bayar? I don't get it???? Now mind you, this is not about RM29 ok! Jadi aku bagitau pegawai Citibank yang cuba bersabar dengan tone aku yang dah mula kasar tu, OK I will try to arrange for payment, tapi... selepas aku hantar letter of complaint kepada Citibank.

Kat bawah ni ada surat yang aku hantar. Tapi nak tengok tak, Citibank akan reply ke tak, kepada 'small customer' macam aku ni? Like I matter? Baik diorang handle big shots dari melayan kerenah aku yang kecoh sebab RM29?

Yeaaa kita tunggu dan lihat. Nanti kalau Citibank ever reply, aku akan post kan update ke blog aku ni.

Surat yang aku fax kan semalam:



Client Care Unit
Citibank Berhad
Level 18, Menara Citibank
165, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
For Attention: Hazlinda Hashim/ Lin Safira Samah

20th May, 2010

Complaint: Handling of Term Loan Account

I, the above named is the account holder for Citibank Term Loan account no: 70162000509291. I would like to express my disappointment on the mishandling of my term loan account and had caused me to pay for your staff mistake.

I had made full settlement of my account on the 4th of February, 2010 amounting to RM2090 at the ATM machine in Damansara Perdana. Before making this ATM deposit, I had called your Term Loan Department several times and was told that my outstanding amount does not exceed RM2086.28 as at the date. I have also called your Customer Service Centre immediately after making this payment to ensure the money is received and updated into my account, and demanded my account is closed immediately. The response at the time was that I will receive a release letter from Citibank Berhad. Alas the letter was never received and I hadn’t done any follow up since, due to my busy schedule.

However I was shocked as I received a letter today saying that my loan interest has been revised to 8.30%. The letter was no other than to indicate that I still have amount owing at Citibank. After several attempt since morning to call your Term Loan Department, I had only managed to speak to the person in charge at around 3.24pm. I was then informed that I had still amount owing of RM33.18. After negotiation with your officer, I was then asked to make a fix payment of RM29.13 and any interest to be charged until I made the payment will be waived.

My disappointment here, as you can see is for several reasons:

• That my account was mishandled in the first place, and your officer had obviously misinformed me when I asked for the amount owing before making the fully settlement.
• You are forcing me to pay the amount of RM29.00 to close my account, when this mistake was clearly made by your staff. I ended up paying for what, their unreliable and irresponsible attitude?
• That if I hadn’t gotten the letter today, I will end up paying a fat amount of interest.

I hope this doesn’t happen to other customer, and that Citibank takes necessary action to resolve this matter. I hope to be treated fairly and not end up paying the RM29 requested. You must understand that this is not about some RM29, but about standing up for my rights. I did not make the mistake, why do I pay for your staff mistake?

Regards


Nor Diana Abdul Molok

CC: (i) Customer Service Center, Citibank (ii) Term Loan Department, Citibank


 


No comments: