Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Mummy can you feel me kick?"

Owh how I wanted to write this yesterday, 1st of June, 2010 but I was on a strict bed rest and did not turn open facebook or anything else other than Grey's Anatomy on my laptop.  That was even only to help me rest on one side of the body. 

Anyway, I am exactly 22 weeks now (If according to the doctor last week on Tuesday I was 'exactly 21 weeks- then my calculation is correct).  I was watching Grey's Anatomy and I had my left hand on my belly, enjoying both the movie and pregnancy.  Mind you it isn't easy to enjoy the second one especially with all the challenges but then I'd say 'bring it on! There's nothing I cannot handle'.  I had my hand there for almost an hour when suddenly I felt something in my belly and on my hand!  A kick!  Definitely a kick!  My baby girl kicked me for the first time.  I couldn't help myself but text hubby immediately to let him know of the progress and well, mainly to make him jealous :-)

MashaAllah, such a beautiful feeling.  I will mark this date as the day I felt my first kick.  I was hoping to feel it again but it was the only time it happened.  The rest of it was the normal butterflies because she was actively moving and responding to her environment.  But it's OK, I am sure she will attempt to do that again soon as she is one healthy little one. 

Diana Abdul Molok @ TRS

No comments: