Saturday, March 10, 2012

Does period pain really lessen after giving birth?

Does it?  Really?  I remember when I was single back then and complaining of severe back and stomach pain due to menstruation my married friends would tell me that this will lessen after giving birth.  I waited quite a while to prove that it didn't, since I only started menses when my baby turned 1 year and 3 months.  

I have been trying to find any study to prove that scientifically it does, but haven't succeeded until today.  Maybe my research isn't thorough enough.  If you are reading this, and know of any, please do share in the comments.

What I can relate to, is that maybe giving birth is painful enough that you tend to ignore period pain.  Well experiences may vary between women.  Maybe some never really experience period pain, so to them there is no difference.  Maybe some have ignored the period pain.  There are some like me who feels severe pain,  nausea, exhaustion, diarrhea and sometimes fever when menstruating.  To tell you the truth, this is quite annoying.  I haven't been to a gynae to find out if this is normal.  Maybe it is, I don't know.  

It is annoying, really, to feel the same again after 2 years + without menstruation (including the time when I was pregnant).  I was hoping that it will go away.  Even with exercises, plenty of water and rest, I still feel the same.  I think it also has to do with my easily agitated attitude and stress which I put onto myself. 

Having a clingy child is not helping :-p.  Ah well, this is life, just deal with it, eh?

If you are a mother and still experience the same pain, do share with me.  Even if you're not, and have some tips to reduce pain without medication, I would love to hear from you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: