Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stress.

Hehehe apa kaitan gambar kaki dalam tajuk posting kali ni?  Saje nak tunjuk, that's me chillin' by the poolside, menghilangkan stress di benak fikiran :p. 

I had a pretty interesting conversation with someone.  Ah well, it was actually work- related conversation, and this someone was telling me how his current job had affected him, mentally and emotionally.  Him, being where he is right now, does not want to be there.  After a month of performing the work he was mandated to do, he had to see a doctor.  Bila Doc buat stress test, his stress shoot up from 80 to 300+.  Kata Doctor, your boss had given him the license to kill himself.

Tapi entry ni bukan tentang this person in particular.  It is about all of us.  It is about me.  Kadang- kadang stress gets unmanaged and turns to rage, hatred, and emotional breakdown.  But do we understand what stress actually is, and how it could affect us, if left unmanaged?

Sigh.  I myself dah rasa bila stress tu sampai kemuncak dan emotional breakdown berlaku, rage berlaku.  Tapi sungguh memang tak suka.  Paling menyampah bila, sejak bertahun- tahun lama nya perkara yang paling menyesakkan benak adalah kerja.  Tak pernah perkara personal yang efek mood sampai sebegitu sekali.  Pernah jugak jumpa doctor sebab sakit perut, dan doctor conclude yang sakit tu disebab kan stress.  Yepp, I can see you laughing.  But this is the truth that you and I tak tau, yang stress boleh efek the following, your brain and nerves, muscles and joints, heart, stomach, pancreas, intestines and our reproductive system.  Amazed tak, macamana something so small can affect your entire body :)

Stress boleh datang dari kedua- dua external and internal factor.  External contohnya physical environment termasuk kerja, relationship kita dengan orang lain, keadaan di rumah, dan semua kekangan atau kesusahan yang kita hadapi dalam hidup kita seharian.  Internal factors pulak menentukan kebolehan badan kita bertindak balas terhadap benda- benda yang menyebabkan stress ni.  Internal factors normally akan influence kebolehan kita handle sress.  Termasuk la nutritional status dalam badan kita, overall health and fitness levels dan sebagainya (Source: http://www.medicinenet.com/stress/article.htm).

Don't wana get too techincal, I am not a Doctor. Tapi in general all I am trying to say is that sometimes kita tak sedar what stress does to us.  Kita kena belajar manage stress kita (pesanan untuk diri sendiri).  Doctor penah cakap, if I want to manage my stress, I need to exercise.  Why, because exercises release endorphin i.e. the happy hormone (I think).  Sebab kalau dibiarkan, stress jugak boleh menggemukkan dan menjadikan kita someone we are not.  

So now, if you are often stressed out like me, let's manage our stress together!  I will continue my daily jog (almost) at the park, find times for coffee with friends, retail theraphy, hair treatment, massage, chat with friends in order to manage my stress.  I will continue to plant positive thoughts (macam orang semalam cakap la, attitude kena positive, kalau tak habis lah...)  So let's do this together!    Do share how you manage your stress, and together we'll become positive people.

P/S: Hebat tak Diana AM mengarut hehehe.

No comments: