Thursday, October 04, 2012

Read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Reading, had always been my favourite past time since I knew how to read :-) .  So now when there is very limited time, I try to 'steal' times to read, in the car, before bed, one page each time.  My latest book, Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.  

How did I find the book so far?  Did I like it?  Yes, it has touched my heart, moved me so much that it makes me appreciate life better.  It talked about the last days the author had spend with his dying professor named Morrie.   The dying man's view of life and death make you open your eyes too, to see the world from a different angle and perspective.  Oh, and it is only 192 pages :-) so mothers like me can easily finish this one.  

One quote that I particularly liked from the book was this, "Life is a series of pulls back and forth.  You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else.  Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't.  You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted". 

I am already half way through and hoping to finish this book by this week.  Life isn't the same with a toddler and another one on the way.  But those are the blessings that I am counting each day, that life indeed, won't be the same if they were not in my life at all.  

Bliss. 

No comments: