Friday, June 07, 2013

The Kakak

This morning my eldest daughter said to me...
 
"Mommy mana adik Zehra?  Adik Zehra dekat kampung, dengan Tok... Kita takmo kawan adik Zehra kan? Kakak saaaaayangggg Mommy, kakak kawan Mommy..." Kata beliau dengan muka tersenyum lebar.
 
Hemmm.  I wonder where she got idea.  Sentap jugak lah I, sebab terfikir, eh she must've thought something, somehow.  Then it occured to me, few weeks back when she was being naughty, I told her, that I will send her back to kampung.  Kalau Kakak tak dengar cakap, Mommy taknak kawan, Kakak duduk kampung dengan Tok. 
 
So that's how she concluded Mommy taknak kawan dengan adik Zehra dan Adrina.  Hahaha.  Ayesha.... Ayesha... I kena explain dekat dia ni the real reason, takmo la dia dapat the wrong idea.
 
So how has she been coping as Kakak?  Selain menjadi harapan Daddy untuk di suruh-suruh, she seems to love her sisters.  Harapan untuk disuruh- suruh?  Hahahah yeppp, Kakak ambilkan pampers, ambilkan wipe, ambikkan tilam, buangkan lampin kotor, ambikkan kain adik.  Macam- macam la.  Tapi so far tak pernak lagi la dia buat aksi- aksi nak pukul ke, cubit ke... She kisses them a lot even though I told her not to (they're prone to sickness), always say stuff like "Kakak caaayang anak Kakak ni" - Well since I always say, 'Mommy caaaayang anak Mommy ni."
 
You can see she cares about them, want to look out for the sisters.  Nak tolong jaga adik.  But at the same time she's jealous that the attention is not 100% hers.  Like feeding time, when the sisters are bottle fed by Mommy and Daddy, she will also ask for milk.  Tapi kesiannye we always ask her to wait sebab adik-adik ada perangai tersendiri bila menyusu.  Whenever I buy the twins stuff, she would want one for herself too, so I always make sure that I buy her something first, no matter how small.  Socks adik pun nak pakai, tights adik pon nak pakai, crochet adik pon dia nak juga. Otherwise, its all love, and a bit of jealousy :p 
 
The advantage of having baby sisters at her age?  (I am sure it is all not the same with others)  Ayesha decided NOT to wear diapers a few weeks after the twins were born and she is not yet 3!  Yep, so she is now diaper- free.  She also always insist that she showers on her own.  Kakak mandi sendiri katanye.  Tapi kena monitor juga lah takut tak bersih.  Nak buka and pakai seluar baju sendiri.  Semua nak sendiri lah.  How nice, she is growing up, sampaikan Mommy risau yang dia grow up too soon.  Soon she probably won't be needing me, just like how she is with bedtime now.  Bit by bit, I won't be part of her small routines.  I just hope she will still love me the same and not think I love her any less now that we have the twins.   

No comments: