Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Gastro-esophageal reflux and heartburn in pregnancy

You will be one of the lucky few if you didn't have gastro-esophageal reflux (GER) and heartburn during pregnancy.  Trust me it ain't pretty.  You go and complaint to the doctor and doctor said, well, woman, you just have to deal with it :( .  If I understand correctly, both happens due to the hormonal changes during pregnancy.  When you are pregnant, your stomach becomes more acidic.  Yeah, something like that.  I ain't no doctor guys!  For medical explanation you should seriously consult your doctor, not me bahahaha.

I had GER and reflux during both pregnancies.  Yes, both pregnancies.  I was pregnant twice.  3 kids, 2 pregnancies shukran Ya Allah.  It was horrible.  It got worst for me when I entered the third trimester.  Imagine with the never-ending morning sickness - 20 weeks with my first and 31 weeks with the second of morning sickness - the all else looks yucky moment, trust me the GER and reflux didn't make it any better.  It overshadowed the excitement of welcoming a baby in your tummy :(   

How about if you can manage these two culprits that make your life miserable during pregnancy?  Wow, now there's an over-the-counter remedies for GER and heartburn, can you believe that?  I am not denying natural remedies, but hey, if there is also a quick over-the-counter remedies, then why not?  It is safe for the preggers, affordable, and hey, when you're sick you're just willing to try anything right. 

Let's explore how you can manage the GER and reflux in pregnancy,
 

You can explore more about managing your GER and reflux on Gaviscon's Malaysia website.  Good luck managing those culprits so that you can enjoy carrying the baby(babies) in your tummy. 

*A friendly reminder here, mommies and mommies-to-be, please do remember to consult your doctor before taking any medicine. 

No comments: