Wednesday, February 03, 2010

My 5th week of pregnancy..

How exciting!  I've read my weekly notification and it's telling me that at 5 weeks my lil' one is the size of sesame seed, he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human!  It's telling me that the big development is this "Your baby's brain is beginning to grow! It develops from the neural tube, a structure that will also spawn your baby's spinal cord, nerves, and backbone. Since folic acid helps prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida, you can see why it's so important to take it while trying to conceive and early in pregnancy. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job." 

Though I am feeling very sick and lifeless at the moment, the excitement will never go away.  I've started talking to my lil' one since 2 weeks ago.  So does hubby who's been telling the lil' one not to 'disturb' mummy so much during her pregnancy.... Do not make mummy too sick, he said.  I've said the same thing myself yesterday when I told the lil' one 'mummy's love will not be any lesser even if she is not as sick as now carrying you in her womb...'

Life altogether has changed greatly.  I don't have the energy to stay awake after work.  I can only lie down, with my eyes closed and feel the whole world spinning.  I feel nauseous most of the time, without vomiting just because I can help it.  My sense of smell is very strong these days.  I smell things from distant, such as butter cookie which my colleague brought to the office the other day.  I detected the smell the minute he opened the packet whilst others didn't.  There's many other instances which I believe should not be mentioned here because they will either hurt the people around me, or make myself puke again. 

I am also very emotionally affected by this pregnancy, which is also a normal and very common symptom.  I easily cry when watching sad movies, I get annoyed and agitated easily, emotionally upset when I feel that hubby didn't say things the way I wanted him to.  It's very hard to control even though I have tried my very best to... Like recently something happened between myself and two of my other friends.  I feel very sad about the incident for such a long time that I didn't even want to be online and get connected to anyone!  Owh how I hate sadness around me at this very happy and glittery moment.

Physically nothing changes about me, well if you don't count putting on excessive weight.  I blame it on my husband.  He kept on insisting that 'his baby' eat nutritious, healthy and lodsa food.  So if mummy is fat, blame it on daddy.  He's making me fat to ensure his baby gets enough food!  I am now looking for articles or info to see when will my baby bump show?  Because I am dying to see it and right now, well there's a small not-so- obvious bump which only hubby and myself see!

Anyway that's it for my update this week.  Am typing this while eating Cream Crackers to make sure my lil' one which is the size of sesame seed will grow and don't get hungry in there!!! 





No comments: