That is one of the biggest question in my head at the moment, other than will I be able to deliver both normally, and whether both will be OK (inshaAllah).
Haven't done much research yet on breastfeeding the twins, but some infos I have already obtained, and I am not sure if I will be fully prepared for the challenges ahead.
Those who have read my previous breastfeeding experiences with Ayesha would know, it wasn't a very pretty journey for me in the very beginning. But it worked out fine. I had series of emotional breakdown, and that was with one kid. Now imagine breastfeeding two?
Some of the things that I know will help me later,
- Must drink plenty of fluids.
- Start establish milk early.
- Learn the positions to breastfeed both kids together. Apparently this helps you to rest more, rather than breastfeeding them one by one.
- Be prepared and be positive of all the sleepless nights to come later.
- Get my lanolin cream, breast shield, breast pump and all the related gadgets ready before delivery.
- Be prepared of any challenges to come ahead.
- Dhuas. Loads of those will help inshaAllah.