Sunday, June 19, 2016

Simple churros recipe

Ok the above photo is clearly bad photography 🙄. Please ignore the photography skill hahahah.

I've been wanting to make churros for sometimes now, given that it's so simple and could never go wrong. But I'm a such busy momma when do I find times right... I have several recipes in hand, gotta try them out one by one.  The one below was from allrecipes.com, which is apparently how the real churros should be,

Ingredients: 
1 cup water
2 1/2 tbs sugar (adjusted to 1 tbs sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs vegetable oil(adjusted to 1tbs)- I used butter, melted in saucepan
1 cup all purpose flour
2 quarts oil (for frying)
1/2 cup white sugar or to taste
1 tsp ground cinnamon

How
1. Combine water, sugar, salt and oil in small saucepan, bring to boil and remove from heat.
2. Mix in flour until mixture forms a ball.
3. Heat oil, pipe dough into oil until golden (consistently turning the churros to avoid over cooking on one side). Once golden, drain on paper towels.
4. Combine sugar and cinnamon and roll the drained churros in cinnamon and sugar while they're still warm. (I mixed these earlier in a container that allows my daughter to shake the churros to mix).

Have yet to try these churros, will eat them later. But Ayesha said they're sooo soo good Mommy. I trust the kid 😄.







No comments: